How to add other types of resources?
Within this article you will learn how to create and assign a resource that is neither a guide or a vehicle, such as cameras, tablets, etc.
Add new Resource
- Click on the Resources option on the main navigation.
- Select the My Resources option.
- Click on the Add resource button, Guide will be the default option.
- Select the Other as a resource type.
- Resource name – for internal use.
- Quantity – add the number of available resources, e.g. if you have 30 tablets you would add 30 for quantity.
- Capacity – add the maximum number of travelers that can be assigned to the resource, e.g. if you are using tablets as a resource, you would set the capacity to how many travelers would be expected to use single tablet.
If you enable this option, what you are basically saying is that the resource can take on multiple travelers from different activities that have overlapping departure times. If you keep this option disabled, and you have overlapping departures from multiple activities that have the resource bound to them, the first activity that gets a reservation will be able to be booked, but the overlapping activity will no longer be able to be booked.
With this option you will be able to close out available dates in case the resource is unable for the departure.
Assign a resource
Once you have created the resource you will need to bind it to one or multiple products they would be in charge of. To do so, you will need to:
- Switch from the My Resources screen to Assign Resources screen.
- Click on the pencil icon next to the desired product.
- Click Assign Resource.
- Select the appropriate resource from the drop down menu.
- Bind the resource to a departure. Note that you can bind the resource to all or individual price categories.
- Click on Apply to assign the resource.
- Repeat the above steps if you want to assign the resource to other products.