How to add a vehicle as a resource?
Within this article you will learn how to create and assign a Vehicle resource to one or more of your products.
This type of resource is great for tours where you have vehicles as part of the tours, so tour like bike tours, safari tours, off-road tours, etc.
Add new Vehicle
- Click on the Resources option on the main navigation.
- Select the My Resources option.
- Click on the Add resource button, Guide will be the default option.
- Select the Vehicle as a resource type.
- Resource name – for internal use.
- Quantity – add the number of available vehicles, e.g. if you have 30 bikes you would add 30 for quantity.
- Capacity – add the maximum number of travelers that can be assigned to the vehicle, e.g. if you are using bike as a vehicle resource, you would set the capacity to 1.
If you enable this option, what you are basically saying is that the guide can take on multiple travelers from different activities that have overlapping departure times. If you keep this option disabled, and you have overlapping departures from multiple activities that have the guide bound to them, the first activity that gets a reservation will be able to be booked, but the overlapping activity will no longer be able to be booked.
With this option you will be able to close out available dates in case the guide is unable to attend the departure.
Assign a resource
Once you have created the Guide resource you will need to bind it to one or multiple products they would be in charge of. To do so, you will need to:
- Switch from the My Resources screen to Assign Resources screen.
- Click on the pencil icon next to the desired product.
- Click Assign Resource.
- Select the appropriate resource from the drop down menu.
- Bind the resource to a departure. Note that you can bind the resource to all or individual price categories.
- Click on Apply to assign the resource.
- Repeat the above steps if you want to assign the resource to other products.