How to add a guide as a resource?
Within this article you will learn how to create and assign a Guide resource to one or more of your products.
This type of resource is great for guided tours where you have one or more active guides for whom you want to ensure you are aware of all the tours that are associated with them as well as easily track them on a daily basis through the use of the Departure pages.
Add new Guide
- Click on the Resources option on the main navigation.
- Select the My Resources option.
- Click on the Add resource button, Guide will be the default option.
- Resource name – for internal use.
- Capacity – add the maximum number of travelers that can be assigned to the guide.
If you enable this option, what you are basically saying is that the guide can take on multiple travelers from different activities that have overlapping departure times. If you keep this option disabled, and you have overlapping departures from multiple activities that have the guide bound to them, the first activity that gets a reservation will be able to be booked, but the overlapping activity will no longer be able to be booked.
With this option you will be able to close out available dates in case the guide is unable to attend the departure.
In this section you will be able to add ful information on your guide which will be shared with the buyers of the product that the guide is bound to.
- Full name – add the full name of your guide.
- Language – select the language that the tour will be guided in. Note that you are able to select only one language per guide.
- Email – add the guides email address so they are able to be notified when they are booked for a departure.
- Phone – add the guides phone number so the travelers are able to contact the guide outside of using the guides email.
Assign a resource
Once you have created the Guide resource you will need to bind it to one or multiple products they would be in charge of. To do so, you will need to:
- Switch from the My Resources screen to Assign Resources screen.
- Click on the pencil icon next to the desired product.
- Click Assign Resource.
- Select the appropriate resource from the drop down menu.
- Bind the resource to a departure. Note that you can bind the resource to all or individual price categories.
- Click on Apply to assign the resource.
- Repeat the above steps if you want to assign the resource to other products.