How can I create a discount coupon?
A discount coupon is a code created by you that your customer can enter at the end of the checkout to get a discount on their booking.
In this article, you will learn how to create or edit a discount coupon using Orioly and the best practices of doing so.
- Login to your Orioly account then click Coupons.
- On this page, you have an overview of all the coupons created. Click Add new coupon to start the process of creating a new one.
Creating a new discount coupon
- Add a title for your coupon that will be used for internal control. The title should be something simple that describes the intent of the coupon.
- Add the code that will be used by the user when creating a booking.
Tip: Combine letters and numbers in a way that you have the promotional campaign and the discount value represented (e.g. the code SUMMER21 is suitable for a special discount of 20% offered during the 2021 summer season).
- Add a discount value in percentage (%) or monetary value.
- Choose the period of time during which your new coupon will be active.
- Set the number of times the discount coupon can be used.
Unlimited: There’s no limit on how many times the coupon can be used during its active period.
Custom: Limit the number of times the coupon can be used during its active period.
Once: The coupon can be used only once during the time it’s active.
- Select the products in which the discount coupon should be applied or tick Apply to all products to have it working in all of them.
Editing or deleting an existing coupon
- Go to Coupons.
- Click the three dots button and then Edit.
- To remove a discount coupon, follow the previous step and then click Delete.