How can I add departures to my products?
Within this article you will learn how to add new departures to your products as the second step in creating a new product.
If you are unsure on how to start the creation of your product, you can reference the How can I add product information? article.
Tours & Activities
Once you have filled in all of the information on the first step of creating your product, moving on to the next step you will be able to, by clicking on the Add New button, define:
- Departure type – here you will be able to choose from three types of departures (Seasonal, Special Dates, and Closure Dates) where Closure Dates are used to remove availability for certain dates and times.
- Departure name – here you will be able to define a departure name for your departures, e.g. Morning tours.
Note: This information is for internal use and it’s not visible to the customer.
- Departure description – add here the name that will be shown to the customer during the departure time selection.
- Period From / To – here you will be able to define your products availability by setting up the start and end dates, as well as defining the days on which your product will be available on.
- Day of the week – after setting up the period, select day or days of the week for the departure/departures.
Note: If you have departures every day of the week make sure to select all days, from Monday to Sunday.
- Increment time by – by default the departure times are listed for every full hour, if you have a different departure time(s), you can find it by changing the increment time and clicking on the Find button.
- Select time(s) option – once ready to select your departure time(s) click on the dropdown menu and select the appropriate times.
Events & Attractions
Once you have filled in all of the information on the first step of creating your product, moving on to the next step you will be able to define:
- Date – here you will select a date or period for which your product will be available at, as well as define the day of availability for your product.
With the option Private departures enabled on any of the product types, after the initial booking is created for a specific departure date / time, that departure date / time will no longer be available to be booked through the online reservation system.
Note: We do allow for users to create manual bookings within the application even when the departure is defined as private.
Available for online reservations
Thick this option if you want a specific departure to be available for online bookings. Otherwise, disable it to have the desired departure only bookable through the application.
Duplicating a departure
In order to easily add multiple similar departures to a product, you can use the Duplicate function. You will find it by clicking the three dots on the departure you want to create a copy and selecting Duplicate. After duplicating a departure you will be able to edit it according to your needs.