How can I add departures to my products?
Within this article you will learn how to add new departures to your products as the second step in creating a new product.
If you are unsure on how to start the creation of your product, you can reference the How can I add product information? article.
One Time Event Departures
Once you have filled in all of the information on the first step of creating your product, moving on to the next step you will be able to define:
- Date & Time – here you will select a single date on which your product will be available at, as well as define the departure / start time for your product.
Open Date & Repeating Departures
Once you have filled in all of the information on the first step of creating your product, moving on to the next step you will be able to, by clicking on the Add New button, define:
- Departure type – here you will be able to choose from three types of departures (Seasonal, Special Dates, and Closure Dates) where Closure Dates are used to remove availability for certain dates and times.
- Departure name – here you will be able to define a departure name for your departures, e.g. Morning tours.
Note: This information is used across the application as well as on the online reservation system.
- Period From / To – here you will be able to define your products availability by setting up the start and end dates, as well as defining the days on which your product will be available on.
- Increment time by – by default the departure times are listed for every full hour, if you have a different departure time(s), you can find it by changing the increment time and clicking on the Find button.
- Select time(s) option – once ready to select your departure time(s) click on the dropdown menu and select the appropriate times.
With the option Private departures enabled on any of the product types, after the initial booking is created for a specific departure date / time, that departure date / time will no longer be available to be booked through the online reservation system.
Note: We do allow for users to create manual bookings within the application even when the departure is defined as private.