How to View Analytics and Generate Reports
Orioly booking app collects all your bookings and data. All your business reports are presented in graphs.
Tracking your business data like this helps you make the right decisions and get more customers.
How to Generate your Analytics Reports
- Log into your Orioly app, in the sidebar click Analytics.
- Select Report – choose the type of report you want to generate. You can choose from Bookings, Revenue, Transactions, or Promotions.
- Select Activity – you can choose whether you want to look at the data for a particular, single activity (tour or travel), all of them or you need to retrieve data for all activities.
- Select Date Range – select the date range you want to analyze your performance for.
For Promotion analytics, there are three types of reports:
- Numerical – gives you exact numbers on how many posts or tweets you published and how many people actually booked a tour after clicking your post or tweet.
- Graphical – gives you a visual presentation of your promotion performance throughout the time period you selected above.
- Table – lists all the activities (tours or travels). It shows you the social network they were promoted through, activity name and the date your promotion was created.
Track your Revenue and Sales through Analytics Reports
You can generate other types of reports, like your revenue and sales.
The process is the same as the one described above for Promotions analytics.
- Select the Revenue report.
- Then select the activities whose results you’re interested in and the time range.
Your revenue analytics is broken down into the three types of reports. They provide insight into your most profitable tours. There is also a comparison between bookings made through social networks (based on your promotion efforts) and direct bookings made through other channels.
A similar type of data can be generated through Transactions and Bookings.
Export your Data for More Thorough Analysis
To export your data, click Export data.
Here’s a short video of how to use the Analytics feature.