Create a One Time Event
This activity type is suitable for activities that run once during a longer period of time (e.g. Museum openings, Concerts, etc.)
To get started click on the icon located on the left-hand side of the application and select the Activity option.
From here choose the type One Time Event to start the process of creating a new activity.
Step 1 – Activity Information
Within the Activity Information section you will be able to define:
- Activity Name – add the name of your activity that will be displayed to your customers.
- Activity Duration – define the time that your activity will run for (you can set the time in minutes, hours or days).
- Activity Description – add a short overview of your activity or any information you find important for your customers to see.
- Activity Photo – add an image that you want to be associated with your activity.
- Activity Attachments – add documents(additional photos, a detailed description of your activity) that you wish to be included with the booking confirmation email that is sent to your customer.
Step 2 – Departures & Prices
Using the calendar define the date range during which your activity will be active/available to be booked.
Using the time input filed define the start/departure time of your activity.
Once you have selected the date and time you can add your price categories, which you can define to your activity specification:
- Title – name the price category (e.g. Adults, Children, Infants, etc.).
- Price – define the price of your category.
- Capacity – if you want to limit the number of slots for your price category define the number here or if you do not want to limit the price category, leave it empty.
- Tax rate – define the tax rate for your price category here if you have not set it globally within the Orioly settings.
If your activity has any discounts or group prices you can define them by ticking the Group price & discounts checkbox.
- Type – select the type of discount you wish to add (Discount in %, Value discount or Group price).
- Quantity range – define the range that the previously selected type will have an effect on.
- Value – set the value of the discount or the value of the group price.
Note: When defining the Quantity range (e.g. From: 1 | Up to: 4) means that the effective range for the discount will be from 1 to 3, and the 4th slot will not be included in the discount.
Using the Maximum Capacity field, define the number of available slots that the activity will have (e.g. setting the number to 10 will limit the number of bookable spaces to 10).
Note: If you have set the capacity on your price categories and on the maximum capacity, the lower value of the two will be the one that is used.
Step 3 – Fees & Add-ons
Here you will be able to define any reservation fees, traveler’s fees, and add-ons that your activity might have:
- Reservation Fee – to add a reservation fee click on the Add fee button and fill in the necessary information (e.g. Safe deposit for damages).
- Traveler Fee – to add a traveler fee click on the Add fee button and fill in the necessary information (e.g. tourist tax).
- Add-ons – to add add-ons click on the Add add-on button and fill in the necessary information (e.g. souvenirs, t-shirts, wine).
NOTE: Disabling the checkbox Fixed price when adding the Reservation Fee and Traveler Fee means that the price is variable and your customers will not be able to pay for their booking online, they will only be able to make an enquiry.
Step 4 – Book Now
Within the Book now section you will be able to:
- Set a deposit amount for your activity – when your customers want to pay for the booking online, you can give them the option to pay a deposit to reserve their spot, instead of paying the full amount of the activity.
- Change the text of the button – customize the text of your button to match your offer (e.g. Book Now, Reserve your spot, etc.).
- Change the text color and background color of the button – choose one of the preset colors for your button text and background or choose a custom color by clicking on the Custom color button.
By clicking on the advanced settings you will be able to:
- Define departure cut-off time (e.g. setting the time to 60 minutes means that the activity will not be bookable 60 minutes before departure).
- Inform your customers on the number of free slots left for a given date/time.
- Disable the option for customers to send enquiries.
- Enable online payments only if a certain percentage of available slots has been booked.
- Set the minimum number of required travelers per booking.
Step 5 – Print Settings
Within the print settings, you can add quotation, booking, invoice, and voucher notes specific to the activity you are creating.
Note: You can set up your global notes within the Settings/Invoicing section of the application if you want to set notes that will be applied to all of your activities/documents.
Note: You need to set up your global notes before creating your activities for them to be applied.
Step 6 – Questions
Any question that you add here will be shown to your customers during their booking process.
Click on the Add question button and under Title define your question (e.g. Are you allergic to any food?) and choose the type of answer you require:
Predefined – click on the icon to add your answers that your customer will be able to choose from (exp. Sea Food, Peanuts etc.).
Freeform – let your customers write in the answer to the asked question (e.g. Yes I am allergic to peanuts).
Step 7 – Preview
If you do not want to make any last minute changes to the activity click on the Finish button to create your activity.
Congratulations! You have added your activity to your Orioly account. Continue adding the rest of your activities or check out the rest of the documentation to see how to add your payment gateway and more.