Create a Coupon
In this article, we will show you how to create and assign coupons to one or more of the activities that you have previously added to your Orioly account.
To get started click on the icon located on the left-hand side of the application and select the Coupon option.
Within the New coupon section you will be able to create a coupon by defining the following:
- Title – write a title for your coupon. For example, “Enjoy summer, 10% off throughout June!”, or something as simple as “PROMO10”.
- Code – combine letters or numbers that make sense to you. For example, 0106-3006 to stand for the time period in which the coupon is active. You can call it SPECIALSUMMER2018.
- Discount – set your discount percentage (e.g. 10%) or opt for a fixed amount coupon applicable to any total cost of a tour (say, 10$).
- Valid from/Ends on – using the calendar, define the period of time during which your New coupon will be active through.
- Can be used – decide on the number of times your coupon can be used. You can set your coupon usage for an unlimited number of times, a custom number of times or you can set it as a one time use coupon. More specifically:
- Unlimited – there’s no limit on how many times the coupon can be used in the period of time that it is active.
- Custom – it’s possible to set the coupon to a custom (5, 10, or more) number of times that it can be used, in the period of time that it is active.
- Once – means that it’s possible to apply the coupon only once. For instance, only the 1st payer who decides to use the coupon gets the discount.
To choose which of the activities the coupon will apply to, you can do the following:
- click on the checkbox labeled Apply to all activities, which will open a menu with a list of all of your activities.
- choose the activities that you want the coupon to be applied to.
You can also use the handy Check All/Uncheck All buttons to quickly select/deselect all of the activities on the list.
If you have a large number of activities listed, then you can use the Search… field to quickly find the activity you are looking for.
Once you are done setting up your New coupon, click on the Create button to add the coupon to your Orioly account.
To see how to manage your coupons longterm, you can take a look at our article Manage your coupons or other articles that you might find helpful in setting up your account.