How to Create Different Group Discounts – Yield Pricing
In this article, we go over the different options for defining group discounts. Additionally, we offer some useful examples.
Every travel company, tour operator, or travel guide defines the prices and discounts differently. This includes the option to define a different price for a group of travelers.
With the Orioly Group price & discounts option you can do the following:
- Define a fixed group price per person which will be the same whether you have one traveler or a group of 20 people.
- Set a rule that the price is defined and changed depending on the number of people traveling.
- Create a group price. For example, you can define a different price for a group of 3 people or if you have a group of 6.
When defining the price of your tour based on the number of people, you can define the quantity range (the number of people traveling) and set a specific price.
You can find the Group price & discounts option when creating a new activity.
Under the Departures & Prices section, you can define the rules for generating different discounts.
Discount type lets you choose what kind of discount you want to create, e.g. Group price, Discount in $, or Discount in %.
- Group price – Define the fixed tour price for the entire group.
For example, if you enter a fixed price for this particular group $1,000 then each person within this group will pay a $1,000 for this particular tour.
- Discount in $ – Define the amount of discount for per person.
For example, if your tour originally costs $1,200 per person and in the value field you enter $300 that means you give a $300 discount, meaning your tour now costs $900 per person.
- Discount in % – Define the of discount value expressed in percentages.
For example, the tour originally costs $1,200 per person without the discounts. Then you give a 15% discount for a group of up to 10 people. That means you give a $180 discount, and now the new price is $1,020 per person.
Quantity range option lets you define the size of your groups.
Please note: If you define your group from 1 to 6 people, this means the sixth person is not included.
If you have any questions or you’re unsure how to combine different discount options, contact us, and we’ll be more than happy to help you out or organize a demo.