Set up your accountSet up your Orioly account | Suppliers Create a Repeating Daily Event | Suppliers Create an Open Date Event | Suppliers Create a One-time Event | Suppliers Create a coupon | Suppliers Add a payment gateway | Suppliers Add translations for your activities | Suppliers Add a Book Now Button to HTML websites | Suppliers Add a Book Now Button to WordPress websites | Suppliers Add a Book Now Button to Wix websites | Suppliers Add custom CSS to your Book Now Button | Suppliers
Manage your accountManage your departures and activities | Suppliers Manage your bookings | Suppliers Manage your coupons | Suppliers Manage your contacts | Suppliers Manage your company user accounts | Suppliers Manage and generate reports | Suppliers
Create an Open Date Event | Suppliers
This activity type is suitable for activities that don’t have a set start/departure time (e.g. Amusement Parks, Concerts, etc.).
Step 1 – Activity Information
Within the Activity Information section you will be able to define:
- Activity Name – add the name of your activity that will be displayed to your customers.
- Activity Duration – define the time that your activity will run for (you can set the time in minutes, hours or days).
- Activity Description – add a short overview of your activity or any information you find important for your customers to see.
- Activity Photo – add an image that you want to be associated with your activity.
- Activity Attachments – add documents (additional photos, a detailed description of your activity) that you wish to be included with the booking confirmation email that is sent to your customer.
Click the Payer details required checkbox if you wish for the payer details to be required when a new booking is being created through the application.
Step 2 – Departures & Prices
To define departures of your activity, click on the Add button:
- Seasonal – refers to the general days/times during which your activity is available to be booked.
- Special Prices – refers to any type of reduction in prices during a specific time frame during which your activity is available to be booked.
- Closure Dates – refers to one or multiple days during which your activity is unavailable to be booked.
Using the calendar, define the date range during which your activity will be active/available to be booked.
Using the checkbox range, that is labeled with days of the week, choose the days during which your activity will be active/available to be booked.
Once you set the date range and days, you can add your price categories. In order to do that, you must specify the following:
- Title – name the price category (e.g. Adults, Children, Infants, etc.).
- Price – define the price of your category.
- Capacity – if you want to limit the number of slots for your price category, insert a number here, if not, leave it empty.
- Tax rate – insert the tax rate for your price category here, if you have not set it globally within the Orioly settings.
If the activity you are adding to your Orioly account is an activity with private departures, set it by clicking on the checkbox labeled “Private departures”. When the “Private departures” is enabled, the departure date/time will be closed after the first paid/deposit booking or a reservation made through either the online reservation system or through the application.
If your activity has any discounts or group prices, tick the Group price & discounts checkbox.
- Type – select the type of discount you wish to add (Discount in %, Value discount or Group price).
- Quantity range – choose the range of the previously selected type.
- Value – set the value of the discount or the value of the group price.
Note: Setting the Quantity range (e.g. From: 1 | Up to: 4), means that the effective range for the discount will be from 1 to 3, and the 4th slot will not be included in the discount.
The Maximum Capacity defines the number of available slots that the activity will have (e.g. setting 10 will limit the number of bookable spaces to 10).
Note: The lower value set between the price category capacity and the maximum capacity will be used.
Step 3 – Advanced Settings
Here you will be able to select options that are prevalent to the previously set up departures, as well as additional options for the Book Now button.
- Allow online enquiries – through the use of the switch located on the right-hand side you can define if a customer can or can not send you an enquiry through the online reservation system.
- Allow online reservations – through the use of the switch located on the right-hand side you can define if a customer can or can not make a reservation without any payments through the online reservation system.
- Allow partial payments – define if a customer can make a partial payment on the full booking price as a deposit represented by a percentage of the final booking price.
- Bind online payments to occupancy – define the percentage of the occupancy on a departure that needs to be reached in order for the online payments to be enabled.
- Cut off time – define the time before departure when online bookings will no longer be allowed.
- Custom number of taken slots – define the number of slots taken with each online booking. For example, if set to two, each taken slot on the price category will instead of the default one slot take up two slots on that particular booking.
- Availability notification – inform the customer of the number of free slots left after they drop below [x] amount.
- Minimum number of travelers – define the minimum number of travelers required for a booking.
Note: All bookings with the status of Enquiry will not take up any slots on the departure until the status has been updated to either Reservation, Deposit or Paid status.
Note: If you bind the online payments to the occupancy, the switch that enables online reservations will be automatically enabled as there would be no payment options until the set occupancy has been reached.
Step 4 – Fees & Add-ons
Here you will be able to choose the reservation fees, traveler’s fees, and add-ons that your activity might have:
- Reservation Fee – to add a reservation fee click on the Add fee button and fill in the necessary information (e.g. Online booking fee). You can define the price of the fee as either a standalone price or a percentage of the total booking price.
- Traveler Fee – to add a traveler fee click on the Add fee button and fill in the necessary information (e.g. tourist tax).You can define the price of the fee as either a standalone price or a percentage. You can also bind the fee to a particular price category where it will only be applied if there are slots taken on that price category during the booking process.
- Add-ons – to add add-ons click on the Add add-on button and fill in the necessary information (e.g. souvenirs, t-shirts, wine).
Note: Disabling the check-box Fixed price when adding the Reservation Fee and Traveler Fee means that the price is variable and your customers will not be able to pay for their booking online, they will only be able to make an enquiry.
Step 5 – Print Settings
Within the print settings, you can add quotation, booking, invoice, and voucher notes specific to the activity you are creating.
Note: You can set up your global notes within the Settings/Invoicing section of the application if you want to set notes that will be applied to all of your activities/documents.
Note: You need to set up your global notes before creating your activities for them to be applied.
Step 6 – Questions
Any questions that you add here will be shown to your customers during their booking process
Click on the Add question button and then give a Title to your question (e.g. Are you allergic to any food?). Finally, choose the type of answer you require:
Predefined – click on the icon to add answers for your customers choose from (exp. Sea Food, Peanuts etc.).
Freeform – let your customers write a free answer to the asked question (e.g. Yes I am allergic to peanuts).
Step 7 – Preview
If you do not want to make any last minute changes to the activity, click Finish to create your activity.
Congratulations! You have added your activity to your Orioly account. Continue adding the rest of your activities or check out the rest of the documentation to learn How to add a payment gateway and more.