Latest posts by Barbara Črgar (see all)
- Choose your GDPR consents for booking engine - May 23, 2018
- What Tour and Activity Operators Should Know about Walking Tours - February 13, 2018
- How to Start a Profitable Food Tour Business - February 2, 2018
GDPR has become one of the hottest topics. Every company, organization or agency is asking how will the new data protection regulation affect their business. Time flies; only two days left until the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is enforced.
The aim of the GDPR is to strengthen data protection for EU citizens and residents and to give them greater control of their personal data. Keep in mind, even if you are not based in the EU, it applies to your company if you have customers coming from the EU.
GDPR is important for tour operators, activity providers and other professionals in the travel industry. Tour operators share customers’ personal data on a daily basis as it is a part of the booking process.
We already created an eBook about GDPR and how it can affect your tour business.
In this eBook, you will find how to become GDPR compliant. Additionally, to give you an extra push we have created GDPR consents within the Orioly app.
GDPR consents within the Orioly app
In Settings section, you can pick your GDPR consents and add the URL for your Terms of Service.
For example, if you plan to send occasional newsletters to your clients, you will have to obtain their consent to process their personal data for that specific purpose.
In the Orioly app you can pick one or all GDPR consents for booking engine:
- Yes, I would like to receive similar travel offers.
- Yes, I would like to receive occasional newsletters about the latest offers and promotions.
- Yes, I would like to receive future newsletters to learn more about the company, tour offers, and services.
If you have any questions regarding GDPR or the our Orioly application, please contact us here.